Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Hidden Mountain
















As we look out our balcony every day we get a lovely picture of the Ocean. It gives the impression that you are seeing everything that is there but on a very clear day, usually following a big rain storm, you can get quite a surprise, for suddenly you as you look out over the ocean you are seeing, not the horizon but a mountain that seems to appear from no where out in the middle of the ocean view. It is Equatorial Guinea. I snapped a picture of it before it once again was covered up by a cloud. The top was the last part to disappear and it was beautiful at sunset.
The song that comes to mind as I see the beauty around me is, How Great Thou Art. When I look down from lofty mountains grandeur...then sings my soul my Saviour God to thee. How great Thou art. How great Thou art.
Oh what a great God we serve. What an amazing Creator. In Bible study and at the funeral last week, Dad Chamberlin spoke on the scripture verse that says, When I consider the stars and all the works of They hands, what is man that Thou art mindful of him. To think that God Created such beauty and yet takes such delight in us is so amazing.

No comments: