Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chapel time!
















I have had the privilege of getting to lead the last two Jr. Chapels. With a room full of over 150 children it can be a bit challenging to keep their attention. Katie helped me teach them 'Jesus Love is a Bubbling Over' the first week, it was an instant hit! During break we have also taught them how to play four square and ninja. We are thanking God for the moments of fun as well as ministry He is giving that let us be a part of their lives.
One of the biggest blessing I have had was last week, when I was asked to do the Teens Chapel. The night before I had been reading in a devotional book and found the story of Damon and Pathios, a Greek Legend. I felt that God had given me that and so I started the chapel with that story of two friends who were willing to die for each other. As the story began the kids quieted down and the presence of the Lord seemed to settle down. In the end I was able to present to them a Saviour who longs to be our friend. The greatest friend we could ever have, loving us enough to die for us. A friend that wants to laugh with us, cry with us, and carry our burdens. I don't know if that was a new concept to some of them or not but the reality seemed to be sinking in and God was working on hearts.
What a joy to be a part of God's ministry. There is never a need to be ashamed of our God. He is worthy all praise and glory! Pray for the teens and children here, that they might truly come to know our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Loved reading this! Sometimes something this simple is just what even I need to remember!!